Home » PLAYER'S HQ 1.13 » JA2 Complete Mods & Sequels » UC/DL 1.13 & AFS » Arulco Folding Stock Discussions & Bug Reports - (2018/11/04 - 20--/--/--) (Main Arulco Folding Stock (AFS) thread)
Arulco Folding Stock Discussions & Bug Reports - (2018/11/04 - 20--/--/--)[message #355670]
||Mon, 05 November 2018 03:04 |
||To go with a new (Experimental) Arulco Folding Stock (AFS) mod a new thread as this one has gotten a bit too long: http://thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=msg&th=20916&goto=355347&#msg_355347
Experimental: Arulco Folding Stock Full Experimental 12 v4.6x 20181105
- Built/Tested on SCI: SCI_JA2v1.13_Revision_8633_on_GameDir_2449 (November 1, 2018 SCI) available HERE
- Revisions to NCTH, New Guns, Bug fixes and point update to reflect newer SCI features
- Full release, substitute for Arulco Folding Stock v4.50 20141222 (Full) during standard installation
Backpacks that Allow Both Climbing and Being Equipped With All Combat Pack
* both Go-Bag and Sniper Drag Bag will allow climbing while equipped (both proper backpack NIV slot or in-hand)
- - <fAllowClimbing> = 1 for both backpacks in Items.XML, and USE_GLOBAL_BACKPACK_SETTINGS = FALSE set in Ja2_Options.INI
* all combat pack items, including Radio and Diving Bottle have non-zero <lbeCombo> to allow being equipped with Go-Bag and Sniper Drag Bag
- - <lbeCombo> = 4 set in LoadBearingEquipment.XMLfor all combat packs not part of combo with normal backpacks
* Updated AmmoType.XML for ]SCI_JA2v1.13_Revision_8633_on_GameDir_2449
- - HEAT ammo now RGB defined orange
- - considering new colour scheme for ammos now that we have RGB (yes I could have had different colours under the old system but this one seems easier to work with, ie. Orange = RED=255, GREEN=165, BLUE=0
* Fixed 1691. Sniper Drag Bag, cleared <NotBuyable> tag set in-error
* Fixed 743. Go Bag, <szBRName> corrected to "Pack(b)-Go Bag," was "Pack(C)-Go Bag"
*** Unfinished Post ***
EDIT: I do no not have permission to pin/unpin threads - if anyone has a moment may I please have the old tread unpinned and the new one pinned. Thanks
[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2018 21:10]
More weapon features and upgrade options, via (mis)use of v1.13 for vanilla Arulco, Dedrianna Lives! and Urban Chaos campaigns.
Re: Arulco Folding Stock Discussions & Bug Reports - (2018/11/04 - 20--/--/--)[message #355720 is a reply to message #355670]
||Thu, 08 November 2018 07:38 |
|Mai Ti Miao
Thanks a lot for the mod. I'm drooling all over the new items - at the same time feeling a bit lost within
While setting up the game for playing and fooling around with BR's, i came across a few things:
1) Burial Speed
When creating IMPs, respectively when checking Pops' background ingame (*), Burial Speed isn't shown.
Maybe it is just a missing XML tag on the Shovel item, but honestly, i never understood JA2's inner mechanics enough to try pointing out sound solutions.
(*) meaning: [in AFS] ; this issue didn't occur with Vanilla 113 and it is also independent of the DISEASE = FALSE/TRUE setting.
2) AK booster
For the AK 102/104/105 (all versions including AKT/Bullpup), the AK Muzzle Booster is a permanent attachment. Also, the AEK 971/973 and AK 103/107/108 (again all versions) arrive with an AK Muzzle Break instead of the booster.
Is this intended ?
3) LBE Vests and others
Not all LBE vests/items have camo. I'm thinking in particular about the Omon, RM 23 G, TAG Rifleman, AR M-LBE, Police M-LBE and VTAC M-LBE vests ; as well as the M-LBE Casualty Response Kit, Patrol Leg Rig, all non-Modular thigh rigs/belts/pouches (example "Large Mag / Utility Pouch" or "Mag / Canteen / Grenade" belts) and the TT Extended Range Pack.
Could you check them please ?
4) M-LBE attachable "pockets"
This actually has the dimension of a feature request.
Several of the "pockets" that can be attached to the various M-LBE vests/rigs/packs have a camo bonus which is arguably either too small/large, or not set in the first place. I'd like to see them revamped ; more non-wood camo is needed (at least, i could need some ) and it adds more options in a branch that doesn't have many yet, compared to ARs for example.
I divide them into "wood", "desert" and "urban" for simplicity. New and old stats are based on how much volume they consume upon attaching ; 1 camo = [1;2] volume, 2 camo =  volume, 3 camo = [4+] volume.
But as mentioned: it'd be easy to argue [volume doesn't say it all] and that [how much fits into the pocket] should also be considered, respectively [real life size of the pocket], for a more efficient differentiation.
If a pocket isn't listed, then its boni fit to the suggested volume-based system.
- wood camo boni
M-LBE Shotgun Ammo Pouch ------ 1
M-LBE AR Mag Pouches ---------- 3 ; 2 if also decreasing its volume consumption to 3
M-LBE ArmourBak Carrier ------- ? ; currently has a camo bonus of 3, but doesn't consume volume
M-LBE Double Grenade ---------- 1
M-LBE Drop Pouch -------------- 3 ; increasing its volume consumption to 4-6
M-LBE Rifle Ammo Pouch -------- 3
M-LBE Small Pouch ------------- 1 ; 2 if also increasing its volume consumption to 3
M-LBE Spec Ops Holster -------- 1 ; 3 if also increasing its volume consumption to 4-6
- desert camo boni
M-LBE 40mm Pouches ------------ 1
M-LBE AK Mag Pouches ---------- 3 ; 2 if also decreasing its volume consumption by 1
M-LBE BR Mag Pouches ---------- 3 ; 2 if also decreasing its volume consumption by 1
M-LBE Cartridge Pouch --------- 1
M-LBE Drum Ammo Pouch --------- 3
M-LBE Leather Knife Sheath ---- 1
M-LBE Medical Pouch ----------- 3
M-LBE Mk2 Grenade Pouch ------- 2
M-LBE Revolver Holster -------- 3 ; ported from wooden camo (*)
M-LBE Triple Pistol Mag Pouch - 2
- urban camo boni
M-LBE Rifle Grenade ----------- 1
M-LBE Canteen Pouch ----------- 1 ; 2 or 3 if also increasing its volume consumption accordingly, suggestion = 2 camo 3 volume
M-LBE Hand Grenade Pouch ------ 1
M-LBE Holster ----------------- 3
M-LBE MP5 Bungee/Cover -------- 2 ; lowering its volume to 3
M-LBE Single Pistol Mag Pouch - 1 ; ported from wooden camo
(*) speaking of... the Revolver Holster has the Revolver slot sitting in 1 of the small slots, however it should be in the large slot. Also, although having internal volume, it isn't possible to attach pockets to it:
5) Radio Set
Some time ago, Flugente changed the Radio Set to not need batteries anymore. While reading i found this to be a good change, and agreed with his reasoning.
It's not urgent, just for curiosity, but if you have the time would you share your thoughts about "using or not" a battery for the Radio Set ?
[Updated on: Thu, 08 November 2018 09:04]
Re: Arulco Folding Stock Discussions & Bug Reports - (2018/11/04 - 20--/--/--)[message #355724 is a reply to message #355720]
||Thu, 08 November 2018 10:21 |
Location: New Zealand
Just looking at the changes I was wondering why all the usPiercePersonChanceModifier modifiers in AmmoTypes were so low in comparison to base 1.13.
As for the gravedigging that's probably because there appear to be several files which are outdated in AFS (or not overriding anything in 1.13), one of which covers the backgrounds. As far as I can tell these are:
Re: Arulco Folding Stock Discussions & Bug Reports - (2018/11/04 - 20--/--/--)[message #355744 is a reply to message #355743]
||Fri, 09 November 2018 02:14 |
|Mai Ti Miao
6) In addition to the Shovel/Gravedigging
Surgical Gloves and Surgical Mask are seemingly also not updated yet ; at least they lack the "bio hazard" icon in the EDB. Additionally, they have very large Item Size, fitting only one piece each and only into the largest slots (those either with or without a small rifle icon on them). As comparison, 3 Gas Masks fit into the same slot.
7) Cougar Grenade Launcher
The Cougar MS Grenade Launcher can be attached with RIS-
- AR scopes
but not with the Grenade Sight.
The Panzerfaust 3 has a built-in "Lense 2x" attachment.
9) More M-LBE stuff
Mai Ti Miao wrote on Thu, 08 November 2018 06:38
the Revolver Holster has the Revolver slot sitting in 1 of the small slots, however it should be in the large slot. Also, although having internal volume, it isn't possible to attach pockets to it:
Same for the M-LBE Spec Ops Holster.
The M-LBE Rifle Grenade "pocket" doesn't accept Rifle Grenades. It can be loaded with a 40mm Grenade, though.
The M-LBE Leg Rig (not the "M-LBE Leg Rig, 2x Pockets" but the normal one) can be attached to several vests/packs. If it itself had been attached with pockets, those are transferred to the vest/pack. Also, attaching the leg rig doesn't consume volume.
Effectively, attaching the leg rig adds only its camo ; and weight of course.
A case example:
As long as the player is willing to bear the weight, s/he could easily stack some camo here.
Could you look into it please ?
Wil473 wrote on Fri, 09 November 2018 00:57
2. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this but, I think you are asking for a permanent attachment for a number of newer Russian AR's (and consequently the loss of other attachment optionss)?
Actually the other way round: i was asking, whether the permanent attachment on the shorter AKs was intended. I confess that i'm not a gun enthusiast, as such i lack quite a bit of knowledge in this department.
Wil473 wrote on Fri, 09 November 2018 00:57
3. As most of the LBE are shared with stock [..]
4. As in 3. my intention is to replicate where possible stock v1.13 cammo tags for LBE items.
I see. I find this a bit unfortunate, but i won't cry (oh, wait... ) if you veto it.
Wil473 wrote on Fri, 09 November 2018 00:57
5. If all I had to worry about was AFS I would see nothing wrong with the Radio Set not needing batteries, but with a somewhat similar radio in Urban Chaos going back to before my involvement in modding JA2 requiring batteries I'm going to have to think about this one. My inclination is to retain battery usage to maintain consistency with the Urban Chaos Radio (though that devices function was to be the mod's X-ray detector).
Although i intend to play UC at some point, as of now i never played it. Until then i'm only thinking of AFS, without considering UC compatibility ; my bad
[Updated on: Fri, 09 November 2018 02:20]
Current Time: Sat Nov 17 23:35:54 EET 2018
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01064 seconds