Home » PLAYER'S HQ 1.13 » JA2 Complete Mods & Sequels » All about modding JA2 » JA2/ UB /JA2 1.13 Mods Download & Install Guide
JA2/ UB /JA2 1.13 Mods Download & Install Guide[message #211927]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:30 |
||After the forum migration some of the older mods and their downloading hosts have broken links. If you are aware of a new link, please post them here
These pages are here to promote the vast number of larger playable mods out there and to encourage people to try them. You don't need to be a programmer to set up and enjoy these, so start downloading! Within a matter of minutes you can transform your JA2 world into 60's Vietnam, modern day Eastern Europe or even a battleground against alien invaders!
1. JA2: Vengeance The original - Check out Vengeance Reloaded for a full Enlgish 1.13 version at the end of this thread.
2. JA2 v1.13 Legion 2 (12/04/09) New Patch (Added HAM) 04/05/2009 2 New Patches. New Version V36 out now (easier English install & gameplay)....V37 released.
3. Fight For Freedom multiplayer
4. JA2 v1.13 Renegade Republik
5. JA2 v1.13 (JA2 1.12 patch can be found here)
6. JA2 Reconquista
7. JA2 UB SOG '69 (UB 1.01 patch can be found here)26/01/09 Jona Patch Added 27/01/09 SOG Jona English sounds added.
8. JA2 v1.13 Cosplay/DBB Mod Full909.exe (Weapons/Item Mod) 27/01/09 New patches added 23/03/09 Fix for 100 (CAP) system added (23/05/09 version 909 added
9. JA2UB Finishing Touches
10. JA2UB MFM Tracona
11. JA2 Bloody Grounds
12. PCM Playable Characters Mod for JA2/JA2 1.13 Added Will Gate's Mary Kulba, Joey Graham & Oswald Johnstone PCM add-on) - 07/05/09 New Will PCM with fixes.
13. JA2UB Shady Job 30/01/11 NEW! English translation by Inshy.
14. JA2: Biohazard
15. Demise Of Man (DOM)
16. JA2: Night Ops 01/03/09 English translation available - 23/03/09 Note Avast should not be used when downloading this mod.
17. JA2UB Legion
18. JA2UB Rubicon Campaign
19. JA2 Deidranna Lives!
20. JA2 800x600 (Converts JA2 Vanilla/older mods to a higher resolution, recommended for mods without their own exe)
21. JA2 WildFire 1.13 (a.k.a. WildFire6.06) 09/03/09 Added Alpha item mod v11
22. JA2 Militia Factions mod v1.07
23. A list of cancelled mods
24. JA2:UB Campaigns Wildfire UB1.3 Patch Available here.(Banana Republic, Gold Rush, Get the Druglord, X-Com, Tracoma Unlimited)
25. JA v1.13 Possum DBB Weapons/Item Mod
27. JA2 v1.13 Wildfire SVN Version
28. JA2 1.13 Add ons and mini mods Badass, Thor's Interface/Laptop Graphics,Dynamo/Shank Fix Faces, Crepitus to Aliens, Tiger Pink Skin, Shed23's 1.13Mod, Ron's Merc Faces -(21/03/09) Fixed Shed's 1.13 Mod link.
29. JA2 Militia Factions mod 1.13
30. JA2:UB Back to Business
31. JA2 Urban Chaos
32. INI mod loader
34. Spare page - Your mod here!
35. Real time mod
36. Official Wildfire related downloads
37. JA2 Maps Added - UC 1.13 maps
38. Experimental mods Added OldNooobs Insane Mod, Added DDD's Mod.
39. Deidranna Lives 1.13 hybrid
40. Urban Chaos 1.13 hybrid
41. Low Tech Warsaw Pact Weapons mod
42. Arulco Vacations
43. Alien Overlord Callahan's sci-fi sequel to Demise of Man
44. UB 1.13
45. JA2 1.13: Fight For Freedom (FFF) Single player
46. Arulco Revisited mod
47. Widescreen Resolution Mod
48. JA2: Metavira
49. JA2: WH40K JA2 incorporating Warhammer 40K lore and weapons.
50. JA2: Reloaded
51. JA2: JA2 Interfaces
52. JA2: Vengeance Reloaded
53. JA2: DSM (Deidranna's Side Mod) Play Jagged Alliance 2 from the axis point of view! NEW!
54. The Bear's Pit Kermi repository
Get 'em while they're HOT !!
Please use this link for any queries or comments, but be aware this is currently considered work in progress:
JA2/ UB / JA2 1.13 Mods Download/Install Guide Feedback
[Updated on: Fri, 17 April 2020 08:07] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211929]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:34 |
||2. Legion 2 New Version V36, no patching required, emails etc. in English
Mod Designer: Jazz
Status: Public Beta v35
Language: Polish (Mercs speak English)and Russian. There is talk of a full English Translation
Resolution: Adjustable (800x600 Default)
Download Size: 235MB
Features: HAM, E.D.B, 100 A.P., N.I.V., Random insertion points, randomly generated Merc statistics,
choose the length of your mission. Option to include Cosplay mod when installing, head gear graphics.
Download Mod: Legion 2
Download Patch: Legion 2 Patch11
Download Patch 12 : Legion 2 Patch12 Adds Ham, Missing Files.
Download Patch 13: Legion 2 Patch13 Fixes underground sectors.
Download Patch 14: Legion 2 Patch14 Exe file update/Fixed bug.
Download Patch 15: Legion 2 Patch 15 Xml files updated, COSPLAY 909 + B + C,Missing Maps A2, A9, A10 added.
All patches need to placed over the L2 mod in order from lowest up!
1. Clean install of JA2 (Gold)
2. Direct L2 installer to your JA2 folder.
(You can select what you want to install, including 100/25 AP system, tools are not necessary to run game)
Check in your JA2 Folder that the files extracted into the root folder and not into a new folder called JA2.
If there is a new folder with all the files cut and paste them into the Root Menu overwriting everything.
3. Use starter to launch game.
Note: On starting a new game, when you are at the options screen, the option on the upper right hand corner is the amount of days you have to rescue the girl. Obviously shorter the time, the harder the challenge.
Legion 2 takes place in a tiny country called Osarwia, that's had it's government recently brought down and is now in a big, big mess. In some sectors you'll end up fighting two different factions at a time and what's more each faction is hostile to the other.
Karlos, a terrorist, has kidnapped the daughter of one of the world's wealthiest people - Oswald and flees to an isolated country of Osarwia. For letting the girl go, he demands an outrageous amount of money as ransom.
Your tasks will be to first: find and rescue her from the kidnappers' hands and second: take her to safety, possibly the farthest you can away from Osarwia. Should you fail to do that in 30 days, you might as well pack your bags and go home, because she doesn't have that much time.
[Updated on: Sat, 24 March 2018 02:54] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211930]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:34 |
||3. Fight For Freedom Multi-player
Mod Designer: The Scorpion
1945, World War II in Europe and the Pacific came to an end - Hitler is dead, and the Hiroshima and Nagasaki were razed to the ground. Terrible, Nazi ideology, however, are not removed by the end of human consciousness. The Pacific Ocean is a small island, ruled by a dictator-fascist. To destroy the evil, the form in which the player takes the role receives adequate resources to recruit a mercenary group aimed at the liberation of the islands from fascist rule.
This modification for JA2 (1.13) is meant to be played in Multiplayer mode and balanced for co-operative gameplay.
It is however possible to use Deathmatch gameplay or to use it in Single Player mode. There will be a lack of certain gameplay elements in single player, such as lacking NPC's/ Quests, entrances to underground levels, unfitting web site visuals and other faulty/missing elements. Use at own risk.
Currently a newly developed single player version of this mod is being updated which includes a full collection of NPC's, some with speech and UI graphics. Watch this space!
[Updated on: Sun, 12 January 2020 08:12] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211934]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:37 |
||7. JA2UB Vietnam SOG'69
Mod Designer: Becoming x
Download Size: 35MB+
Download Mod: Vietnam SoG'69
UB Patch 1.01: 1.01 Patch
SOG 69 patch 1: P1
SOG 69 patch 2: P2
Sog 69 ReadME (downloadable webpage) : ReadMe
Strap on your boots and grab your Tiger Stripe fatigues, it's time to hump the boonies in a JAUB Vietnam adventure. Features entirely new environment and mission to explore with new NPC's,RPC's and quests. A Vietnam era weapons packs completes this great JA excursion.
1. Begin with a clean install of JA2UB.
2. Update UB with Patch 1.01.
3. Install Wizard Sog 69.
4. Set Campaign from the Root JA2UB folder to SOG 69
5. Install Wizard Patch 1.
6. Set Campaign from the Root JA2UB folder to SOG 69 again*
7. Install Wizard Patch 2.
8. Set Campaign from the Root JA2UB folder to SOG 69 again*
9. Ensure to look through readme for instructions.
*This may not be necessary but it seems to fix some bugs I had with items getting mixed up.
Area of Operations In Vietnam SOG'69 there are three main area of operations (AO): Iron Triangle, An Loc, and Cambodia. There are also two smaller AO's, Journey to Tay Ninh and Tay Ninh. AO's are my way of increasing difficulty in the mod without having the player run into unconquerable sectors too early in the game. AO's become increasingly hard due to more advanced weapons and higher quality enemies. Traveling Between Areas of Operations: The larger AO's cannot be reached on foot, and must be accessed by helicopter or other vehicles. This is done using JA2's teleport feature. Throughout the mod maps with teleports to new AO's will become available through items that provide passwords for zip files. However when traveling from one AO to another be sure to take all the items you may need as once you reach a new AO, there is no going back. The exception to this is the Iron Triangle, where you can travel from back to Tay Ninh at any time by accessing a landing zone (LZ). Note that no items from an old AO are necessary to solve quests in a new one.
Traveling within AO's Travel within an AO is easy as all sectors can be reached on foot. However be aware of landing zones (LZ's) that may provide a strategic advantage to just arriving on foot.
Installing Zips: Most zips are dat files or html files. The html file can be put in the Briefings folder. This will allow them to be accessible from this file. Dat files are the maps for Vietnam SOG'69. Install these files in JA2UB/Data/Campaigns/VietnamSOG'69. Make sure you restart JA2UB to load these new files.
Handguns have had their ranges increased. The shortest range for handguns is 14 squares and the highest is 19.
VC use .45 cal?
Things are a little different in Vietnam. Many of the US weapons are 9mm, .45 cal, 5.56mm or 7.62 NATO based.
The VC/NVA use weapons based on 7.62 soviet pistol, 7.62 soviet, some 9mm, 7.5mm.
This makes the old JA way of scavenging for weapons and ammo a little difficult.
Dead enemies will drop less useful ammo unless your squad is equipped with VC/NVA weapons.
Which for the most part are a little cruddier than the weapons for the US and it's allies.
This means your team will run out of ammunition in the field. So trips back to Tay Ninh or a friendly fire base
should be scheduled in. Unless you want your team to be totally equipped with VC/NVA weapons. Which may not be
that bad. This knowledge also means that you should pack your team with as much ammo, medical supplies and
c-rations that they can hold. There is a new piece of equipment for medics, the medical bag which can attach
a med kit, c-ration type 1 and first aid kit. This is worn by the medic in the chest armor slot, although it
provides less protection than a flak vest. After coating it can provide a more adequate amount of protection.
The consequence of packing yourself down like that is......
Due to the draining climate of the jungle weight should definitely come into play in this campaign. First off most items weigh more. Medical kits have had their weight increased and armour is heavier. Most of the guns are heavier (not on purpose, it just worked out that way). Plus equipment like C-Rats, which can help your troops out a lot, weigh in at quite a bit. Also you should have your mercs loaded down with ammo, and grenades.
Enemy troops will not drop items they don't use. They will hardly ever drop medical kits and never drop 40mm ammo or C-rats. These are items that are in abundance at the base but not in the field. Stock up accordingly.
Download: Jona SOG'69
Install: Unpack Data to your JA2UB(SOG)Data folder.
N.B. There are NO sound files available (because of size)!
If you want to use all of the new features you NEED to add the following:
Just unpack the files to desktop/SOG folder then cut & paste into Data folder.
All Files for
for the following characters from JA2:
- 69 Vince
- 63 Hamous - all 063_* must be renamed to 071_*
- 72 Maddog (replaced by Eve)
This is an add-on for the fantastic SOG campaign!
It should only be used AFTER you played the original SOG at least once or it will spoil some of the fun.
This add-on includes NO Fixes.
Have a lot of fun!
[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2015 03:32] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211935]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:38 |
||8. Cosplay/DBB Mod Full.exe
Mod Designer: Dboy, TBird and many others
Tbird's weapons http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/5e0a8ed7-3dd4-4048-982b-b27c7f19 a1c4/?action=forceDL This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
I think this is still version 1, Feel free to correct me ol' Bird.
Features: Very large weapons/item mod
Download Size: 54MB
Download:Patch904 This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
Download:Patch907 This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
Download:Patch908Needs to be layed over 907 This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
(The patch launchers are in Chinese but easy to navigate, if you have problems just direct it to your desktop and cut/paste the files from there to Root JA2 Folder.)
Download:DBB 909 Full This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
1. JA2 v1.13
2. Extract Cosplay files to JA2 1.13 Data folder.
3. Run Patch Install Wizard in order 904-907 into JA21.13 Data folder.
4. Start a new game. Mod will appear in saved games but tends to crash.
* This <Fix> makes DBB compatible with CAP system.
Legion 2 compatible (Included in L2 Installation Wizard)
Renegade Republik compatible (Same install method as JA1.13 except install into Renegade Data folder...not fully tested)
[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2018 08:25] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211939]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:39 |
||12. PCM Playable Characters Mod for JA2/ JA2 1.13
Mod Designer: The Scorpion
Language: English (German version available for PCM plus)
This mod adds the ability to recruit NPC's as fully working Mercs running on vanilla JA2. The new characters to play are:
Darrel Jr, Perko, Maria, Skyrider, Fred, John, Matt, Calvin, Carl.
Adds even more available NPC's to recruit. This needs its own exe to run properly
It has more characters, namely Manuel and Spooky (from Vietnam SOG)
It also has reworked item choices so the RPC's get cool equipment (credits to "Scheinworld" and "Fan")
Download: Basic PCM
Download: PCM Plus
Only PCM_Basic fully works with vanilla JA2. PCM_plus only works correctly with one of the exe's enclosed in the archive.
Install is simple, the contents of the archive just go into an install of JA2 or JA2 1.13.
UB Jerry Mellow
New Version! 03/06/09 http://www.mediafire.com/?xnng12jyjm2
Will Gate's <PCM add-on MFM>, added Mary Kulba, Joey Graham & Oswald Johnstone.
Caveats: let the escorted persons go off on their own upon completion of their quest, they will then join if your leadership is good. (I'm thinking Joey here, don't let Martha see one of your mercs or her thank you speech will interrupt Joey joining as RPC).
You'll have to give them all fighter bodytypes in your prof.dat (use Scorpions PCM prof.dat for the original PCM people then fill in what you like for Mary, Joey & Oswald. Don't forget their need for sleep, skills etc. and make Mary 200 recruit on friendly & Joey 200 recruit on threaten, Oswald will joins regardless.)
Originally Posted By: Will Gates
Both Joey & Mary required their prof.dat recruit stats to be bumped up a little otherwise they wouldn't join & both still require a merc with very high leadership like Miguel Cordona but the point is... it works!
Converted sound files so my machine plays them in game. Fixed a few of Skyrider's files (missing) and filled in his merc.edt where it's blank by mistake. Not MISTAKE actually. Scorpion left these blank (& some Miners speeches) so their interrupt game speeches still made sense. I prefer that their day to day speeches were as full as possible...just a personal preference. Where possible all sound files now converted to the exact JA2 format (some were too small to undergo the conversion but still work in game).
N.B. Problems with Mary Kulba... I'll keep working on it!
[Updated on: Sat, 19 October 2019 03:30] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211941]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:40 |
||14. JA2 Biohazard
Mod Designer: Zephalo, Badbiker, Khelbun, Patrizier, Nitrat, Azrael.
Langauge: German (Original Mercs speak English, new Mercs speak German) As far as I know there is no Englsh translation.
You can use JA2EDT with GOOGLE TRANSLATE to translate E-Mails/NPC speech or item data if you wish(See Entry 15).
Features: Five veterans from JA Deadly Games return: Glenn "Boss" Hatchet, Reuban, Col. Leo Kelly, Maj. Spike Scallion and Jack "Postie" Durham, these replace Static, Biff, MD, Flo and Gumpy.
Download MOD: Biohazard
Download: English .exe
Download: JA2 1.07 Patch
Download: Update 2
N.B. Do not use the Install wizard (ja2bio.exe under readme) on a non German JA2.
1. JA2 (Gold) Patched to 1.07
2. Open ja2bio.zip, extract files to JA2 Root folder.
3. Extract Us.Exe to Root folder.
4. Extract Update to Root folder.
This mod includes new mercenaries, weapons and maps for Jagged Alliance 2. Difficulty has increased in city sectors with more opponents placed in maps.
[Updated on: Sun, 12 January 2020 08:24] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211943]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:40 |
||16. JA2 Night Ops
Mod Designer: The Agony Authorities
Language: Russian (English Translation for all items/weapons merc/npc dialogue available)
Please refer to this page: http:// thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=msg&th=14458& prevloaded=1&&start=0
Pit thread here: http://thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=229&
Translation / English exe. http://ja2.su/NOps/NightOps10_EN_inst.7z
Thanks to Inshy for all his hard work here.
Added many new strategic facilities - road blocks, a seaport, naval base on the island in the sea, buildings and new aircraft.
* Now protects civilian police (internal forces), military installations - the Army, the most important objects - Guard, sea port and the island - Marines. Well, the Royal Guards, of course, protect the queen.
* The number of garrisons in comparison with the original game has increased, and much more.
* Scheme of traffic patrols on the map has changed.
* Now at the beginning of a new game, a new map Arulko so that, for most of the sectors chosen one of two cards. Each new game - Totally unpredictable, unlike the previous game set of cards!
* On some maps can ambush Fraga (like the cat). Probability «alarm» ambush on «zasadnoy» map varies from 50 to 100%, depending on the occupied territories.
* On some maps of metal wire fences now «closed», as a power plant in the «Price of Freedom».
[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2015 15:00] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211950]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:42 |
||23. Cancelled Mods
Jagged Alliance 2: AIM Missions (Working Title)
Mod Designer: Jazz
Designed for: JA2v1.13/Single & Multiplayer
Release Date: Unknown
Official Page: AIM Missions
*A return to JA Deadly Games style play.
*10 Missions planned so far(escort,kidnapp) with the ability for the player to create their own missions.
*Over 40 new Mercs(original still an option)
*Police will react aggressively towards you if you have weapons equipped.
*On each mission, you can take only one team.The rest stay at the A.I.M. Base/Airport where you recruit at the barracks, & stock up on supplies at the Medical Centre or Armoury.
*Once equipped you take your team to the designated area near the airport and from there fly to the mission L.Z.
Last Stand Cancelled
Mod Designer: Iron Squad
Designed for: JA2v1.13
Release Date: 2009 (Iron Squad plan to make an announcement soon)
Official Page: Last Stand
* Completely new, non-linear storyline.
* A new country, a new conflict.
* A completely new map, main menu and laptop.
* More than 250 new map!
* Completely new characters.
* New weapons and items, you see the impact of Poland!
* Two versions! Two languages!
Critical Edge Cancelled
Mod Designer: Perry
The campaign, entitled JA2: Critical Edge will, sort of, the competition for Heavy crossing, which has so far been considered one of the most difficult. Perry, author of the project, announced that CE will be used only for connoisseurs. But those in the Jagged Alliance is not short:) The campaign, in its current form includes 74 new sectors, will ultimately have to fill the entire map. But those in the Jagged Alliance is not short:) The campaign, in its current form includes 74 new sectors, will ultimately have to fill the entire map. Change will not be only the original locations of the UB, so that the campaign could be completed.
New Caledonia: Cancelled (Resources have been put into Last Stand Mod)
Designers: Jagged Alliance Zone (JAZ)
Sad news during 2008 the head of the group Jagged Alliance Zone announced that due to lack of desire for further work, the project is cancelled after two years of development. However newly created assets were passed on to Squad Iron group for use in their own modification called 'Last Stand'.
Return to Metavira
Night Officers: The materials have been made available by moteel'a after canceling work on the mod Night Officers, the package includes: the files docs (plot descriptions, tasks, etc.), map, titlesets, faces and forms. Original Mod was Polish based.
[Updated on: Sat, 19 October 2019 03:50] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211955]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:44 |
||28.JA2 1.13 Add Ons/Mini Mods
Badass Mini Mod
This is a Jagged Alliance 2 mod made to be used with 1.13 platform and New Inventory system. It is dedicated to those who find the current 1.13 weapons balance too close too cheating or those looking for a new challenging game playing experience. I tried to fix some of the issues related to weapons and improved some other internal things.
New Interface/Laptop Graphics
The interface is based on all interfaces I could find, as I needed ideas. I hope that nobody takes offense of that. This current version is for 800x600 NIV + EDB enabled only. So not only do you have to set your game to the right screen resolution and play with NIV, you also either have to use it with current SVN downloads or with HAM or EDB.
Concerning the laptop files... As some of you may remember from previous threads, I like to spice 'em up a little. Only desktop.pcx & Okey Dokey/confirmorder.sti should be deleted if you don't like nudity. Apart from this, I've made several changes here as well since I've posted that thread.
Dynamo, Shank cured faces after hiring
Dynamo, Shank cured faces
Unpack into JA2 folder
Crepitus to Aliens
Crepitus to Aliens
This graphic mod changes the Crepitus bug sprites into H.R. Giger Aliens.
Extract Alien_Moddaten.zip and copy its files
into the "data" folder of your "JA2" directory
Tiger Pink skin Mod
Color changes to Blonde head, Black skin and Pink skin to make them look more natural.
How to install:
Replace JA2PAL.dat in "JA2\Data-1.13\BinaryData" folder with modified one.
Shed23's 1.13 Mod
Download:1.13Mod This link is no longer valid, please post here if you find a new one!
The MAPS folder belongs in Data/Maps.
The RADARMAPS folder belongs in Data/Radarmaps.
It is entirely possible that the MAPS/RADARMAPS can/could go into the same folders within Data-1.13. The above, is the method I have been using.
The MovementCosts XML goes into Data113/TableData/Map.
The GarrisonGroups XML goes into Data113/TableData/Army.
B_MAP PCX goes into Data113/Interface.
Also included, is the necessary tilesets:
The JA2SET.DAT goes into Data113/BinaryData.
Please note, that some tilesets do not have all of the 'debris', and therefore, some maps may look a little bit 'clean'.
Contains loads of new maps, some maps are altered ones from 'God knows where'. Others are from Vanilla but altered.
Sectors N13 & 14, O14 & P14 are not accessible at present. I have a feeling that it will not be long before they are available though, hence leaving them where they are.
This project was designed to be used on INSANE & TONSOFGUNS settings. How it will work on other settings, I have no idea. This project has become too disjointed for my ideas to continue, so I am starting another. There are opportunities to equip your mercs at A9, but you may have to edit this map for stuff to show up.
NOTE: I have NOT tested every area. There may well be problems. What I have tested, leads me to believe that this is an absolute pig to play, as you are 'up to your neck in it' from day one!
Version: V122 (2009)
Size: 1.84 meg
Additions by Marlboro Man
[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2019 11:41] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211956]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:45 |
||29. JA2 MFM 1.13 Doesn't actually support 1.13 , Vanilla only
Mod Designer: Will Gates
Download:MFM 1.13 Conversion
1. You will need to have MFM 1.07 installed first, see entry 22. JA2 Militia Factions Modv1.07
2. Install a fresh Ja2 with 1.13 2085 on top of it.
3. Select the following files from your MFM 1.07 install DATA folder: Battlesnds, Faces, Maps, Mercedt,
NPC_Speech, NPCData, Radarmaps, Speech, and Tilesets.
4. Copy all of these files and paste into your new JA2 DATA folder (Alarm sound from DATA/Sounds folder should be copied and pasted too.)
5. From the conversion kit copy/paste all files into your new Data-1.13 folder.
6. Use the new JA2exe to launch MFM 1.13
[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2020 02:54] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211957]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:45 |
||30.JA2UB Back to Business
Mod Designer:Vereinigung der Mapdesigner
Language:German (Mercs speak English) Full Russian version
Size: 60 meg
2.Direct B2B installer into your JA2UB folder.
3.Set Campaign to B2B
In Karroto a broken down aircraft is stranded on the runway, on board the President waits patiently. In a flurry of lead and death terrorists hi-jack the plan and seize total control of the country. Resistance forces are formed, and consequently, civil war breaks out. Neighboring states use the occasion to enter Karroto to expand their territory . You would never have heard of this country if not for Enrico Chivaldori.Your old friend wrote to you with a task: to find the president,report on the situation and restore order. Time to get Back to Business!
*NPCs do not have audio. This is not a bug, their texts are not spoken!
*Choose "Tons of Guns"!
*Do not import save games!
*When clicking on the 'Files' section of your laptop, the screen will go silly and flicker around like an epileptic at a rave. This is normal, as the files section has been externalized so it can be updated when playing. Just let it happen.
*New story and characters with unique graphics
*New items and UI
A newer Russian version called 'Back to Business VM edition' features a full Russian Voice pack as well as some gun changes and older 1.13 features added. It's available to download here;
Known bugs in B2B:
- The game occasionally crashes when talking to NPCs. Before initiating a conversation with an NPC you should always save your game. Occasionally, the game might also crash when your troops are saying something in combat. Thankfully this happens quite rarely. This bug only occurs under Windows XP, for some strange reason.
- In maps where friendly units (green pants, green shirt), or militia (blue or green shirt and white pants, like in JA2) are fighting hostiles, never leave the map during combat, as the game will always crash!
- If you enter a hostile sector, and the game tells you "Doesn't look so good there. It's inaccessible. Try another location" when placing your mercs, just use the 'spread' button to place them.
- The game fails to recognize the problem when a neighboring underground sector is missing and will therefore crash if you try to access one. So, when underground, only move from one sector to the other when a corridor or a room clearly leads you to the border of the map. An underground move from one map to the other is only required once in B2B, in two sectors in the '15 and 16' map coordinates. But even in this case the maps should only be traversed using the teleport-function and not over the 'leave map' indicator on the border of the sector.
- Some sectors contain cupboards and boxes that are inaccessible, blocked by stuff lying around. They are only there for decorative purposes and do not contain any items.
- It is possible that keys can change the way they look when they get put in the 'key-inventory' of a merc (eg, silver key becomes a gold key). This is not too much of a problem as they keys still maintain their functionality no matter what their pic is.
- External laptop (Files laptop): If the mouse is stuck in an invisible window and not all buttons can be clicked anymore, just click once outside of the laptop window on your desktop. This should free the mouse again.
[Updated on: Mon, 17 August 2020 09:01] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #211958]
||Thu, 02 April 2009 18:45 |
||31. JA2: Urban Chaos
Mod Designer: The MOD Squad
Language: English or German
1. Have a clean JA2 Vanilla installed.
2. Create a new folder and unpack the UC.rar to this folder.
3. Double click the UC set up icon.
4. Select language and press next.
5. Wait while the install wizard finds all files, locate the JA2 folder you want to install into and select the JA2.exe, press open.
6. The mod will now be installed, this may take a few minutes.
7. After install, unpack quick fix and copy/paste into your JA2UC Data/BinaryData folder. Overwrite the old file.
Chance to hit calculator Just run setup after unpacking.
New interface Drop the Data folder into JA2UC folder.
Hardcore UC edit AKA Dr. Quacks UC mod Readme
Easier download, single click installer from Kaerar
http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ja2/Mods/Urban%20Chaos%20Origin al/ Link no longer available please contact us if you find a newer, working link!
JA2: Urban Chaos sends your team of hardened mercenaries to Danubia, a former Warsaw Pact country embroiled in civil unrest, to rescue a British ambassador and recover the encrypted intelligence he was carrying before it can be used against your employers.
JA2: UC features:
- An all new country to explore, featuring over 200 new maps and new tilesets.
- Ten new cities to invade and overtake, and a subway system running between them that will take you to the next one quickly.
- Dozens of new NPCs and quests, including a few familiar faces.
- All new items, guns and weapons, some of which are upgradable like never seen before!
- New intro movies and a totally revamped laptop interface.
- More numerous and aggressive enemies to fully test your mettle.
For those wanting to play this popular older mod, but with more 1.13 features take a look at the 1.13 hybrid version here.
[Updated on: Sun, 20 October 2019 09:59] by Moderator
Re: Ja2/UB/JA21.13 Mods Download/Install Guide[message #239961]
||Sun, 13 December 2009 19:27 |
||41. Low Tech Warsaw Pact Weapons Mod
Mod Designer: Ouklus
A LTWP mod. After a lot of tweaking, I think it is now rather well balanced.
If you like to play with lot of weapons/attachments/armours, this is not the mod for you
LTWP mod v1.00 by Ouklos.
The Low-tech Warsaw Pact weapons is a JA2 1.13 mod. It uses VFS config and the NIV, meaning you must have a fairly recent SVN or Single-Click Installer version : minimum a Build: 2963 EXE Release.
The base XML files come from the "JA2 1.13 3042 exe SVN 1165" Single-Click Installer.
* Goals :
- Play JA2 1.13 with standardized weapons for the player and the AI, and with limited/toned down equipment.
- Reduce the "Headshot game".
* Features :
- Only WP weapons are present, with the exception of shotguns.
- The player and the AI have the same available weapons. Exceptions : UDAR for the player, Pecheneg and FN SCAR H for the AI (not buyable).
- Low tech : no "uber" weapons/armour/ammo. It means there are no : Glaser/Match/SAP/AET/Flechette ammo, silent or semi-auto sniper rifles, sniper scopes, anti-material rifles, Long Range AR, FN P90/Magpul PDR, multiple-shots GL, napalm, thermobaric, Rockets Rifles, Trigger Groups, Rod and Springs, Barrel Extenders in this mod. Cold ammo is limited to 7.62x25mm.
Detail of the changes :
* Weapons :
- Rebalanced weapons : adjusted all values like coolness, deadliness, accuracy, range, AP to ready costs, etc.
- No guns with zero or negative accuracy. How can you be PENALIZED for spending more AP aiming ?
- Increased range for pistols, mostly +2.
- Lowered Burst/Auto penalties, and decreased the Foregrip/Grippod bonuses.
- Shotguns are much more faster. Example : SPAS-15, 4AP to draw, 21AP to fire.
- Increased the "MaxDistForMessyDeath" for all weapons. More fallbacks/slow falls from roof now.
- Created new (real, except the VIS-37) weapons, by renaming and rechambering default 1.13 weapons.
Example : MP-445 (.40SW) --> OTs-27 "Berdysh" (9x18mm), CZ-75B (.40SW) --> CZ 82 (9x18mm), MP-446 (9x19mm) --> OTs-33 "Pernach" (9x18mm).
- All sniper rifles (rather DMRs in this mod) have a default scope attached. Now, even a Mosin-Nagant is a nightmare ! (the PEM scope is a slightly better PSO-1)
- The GP-30 Obuvka and RGM Kastet grenades launchers can fire now VOG-25 Stun, Tear Gas, Mustard gas and Illumination 40mm grenades.
- MG : (PKM/Pecheneg) these are "ground only" versions. They have huge ready and reload AP costs, but they can fire several short bursts per turn. They should only be fired in prone position (built-in heavy bipod). They also can't take ANY attachment. Don't let these "horrible" stats deceive you : their suppression power is outstanding, and you can (and will) kill even out of sight range. If you don't use HAM and its suppression, forget about them !!!
* Attachments :
- Removed Rod and Spring and Barrel Extender for all guns.
- Only scope 2x, PSO-7 Combo (scope 2x + Kobra) and PSO-1 allowed on SKS and AR.
- Reflex Sight only for pistols/SMGs. For quick AR, use a scope 2x + Kobra, or a PSO-7 Combo.
- Folding stock : removed the -1 Hit penalty and the AP reduction bonus. It just reduces weapon size now.
- Scopes : less powerful.
PSO-1 : AimBonus 11 10 Day/BrightVisionRangeBonus 40 20 NightVision 20 10
PSO-2 : AimBonus 17 15 Day/BrightVisionRangeBonus 70 40 NightVision 35 20 (ex PSO-3)
PSO-3 : AimBonus 17 Day/BrightVisionRangeBonus 70 60 NightVision 35 30 (ex Sniper Scope)
- A lot of other changes, too numerous to list. Examples : removed the GP-30 for the AKMSU, Foregrip for the Saiga 12K/Pecheneg, added scope 2x for lot of AR.
* Armour :
- Removed Twaron, Zylon, SWAT, EOD armour.
- Reduced the weight and AP penalties for most armours.
- Increased Dyneema Helmet coverage : 70%-->80%.
* Explosives :
- Increased "startradius" values for Tear gas and Smoke grenades.
- Increased duration for Tear gas, Mustard gas and Smoke grenades/shells.
- More carrying capacity for backpacks. Examples :
ARUC : added 2 AR mags, MALICE3 : added a General Large slot.
- Improved some vests. Examples :
TT Assault Vest : removed 1 AR mag, added 1 grenade, 1 Medium general pocket.
LRAK Vest : removed the 2 canteens, added 2 AR Mags, 2 Grenades, +10% camo
- Increased Pockets capacity :
Increased AR mag capacity : 2-->3, Grenade 1-->3 small grenades (Stun, Mini, Mk2) -->2 for Smoke/Tear/Mustard, Rifle Grenade 1-->2.
* AI Items choices :
- Removed Pistol Suppressor, Rod and Spring, GunBarrel Extender, GP-30 GL, Folding Stock, Retractable stock, Trigger Group and AR Suppressor for the AI ; added Grippod.
Since the AI is limited to only two attachments, it helps them a lot. Instead of having useless and ridiculous things like Folding Stocks, GP-30s and
AR Suppressors on their weapons, they will have Lasers/Scopes/Reflex Sights/Kobras much more often.
- Removed Mini and Smoke grenades.
Enemies/Militia using Smoke does not make sense, and I hate when they can throw Minis grenades way farther than even my Expert throwers.
* MercStartingGear :
- Changed a lot of gears.
Example : Fox starts with a Medkit, Blood with 3 throwing knives.
- Gave Charlie 7.62x39 mags. instead of 5.45x39 mags.
The following items are tagged Sci-fi : NVG IV, Mustard gas grenades/shells, VOG-25P Jumping grenades, 7.62x25 Cold ammo, Dart gun and Darts.
If you really want to get them without the pukazoids, select Sci-fi for your new game, and turn the Crepitus OFF in the JA2_Options.ini.
- Extract the content of the .7z file in your JA2 root directory, ie where your JA2.exe is.
It will create a new folder here (Data-LTWP), and also a new, empty one in the "Profiles" folder. (User_LTWP)
*** IMPORTANT*** If your zip/7z manager asks you to owerwrite some files, cancel the whole thing ! Something is wrong. (Probably you are not in the JA2 root folder)
1) Backup your JA2.ini file. (inside the JA2 root folder)
2) In this JA2.ini, in the "Define here the correct vfs_config.XYZ.ini for the MOD you would like to play" section, comment your current vfs configuration, and add the following two lines :
; Low tech WP weapons
VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.LTWP.ini
- Example :
; JA2 1.13
VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.JA2113.ini
; JA2 Vanilla
; VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.JA2Vanilla.ini
; Low tech WP weapons
VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.LTWP.ini
; JA2 1.13
; VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.JA2113.ini
; JA2 Vanilla
; VFS_CONFIG_INI = vfs_config.JA2Vanilla.ini
3) Optional : copy your Data-1.13\JA2_Options.ini file to the Data-LTWP folder.
4) That's it ! You can now start a new game without messing with your current saves.
************************** IMPORTANT !! **********************************************************
** - You MUST select "Normal Guns" and "New Inventory" when you start a new game to use this mod ! **
** - You will have to reset your preferences too, since this mod uses a new vfs profile. **
- I didn't change the pictures for the new weapons/attachments. Not a mod for the 'realism police' !
- I didn't used the map editor. You will find the "illegal" but usual items : FA-MAS, Mini-14s, rocket rifles, 7.62x51/5.56x45 ammo...
Same with pre-placed AI soldiers/militia : they will carry Minimis, HK-21s or mini grenades.
- I recommend using : HAM 3.5 or higher, SLOW PROGRESS FOR ENEMY ITEMS CHOICE = TRUE, and not buying weapons from BR.
And tripling the "Activity levels for natural healing" in the JA2_Options.ini.
- This mod is harder than 1.13. Since you can only use PSO-1 scopes with assault rifles, forget about headshots ! Even mercs with 99 MRK will miss a lot torso shots. And forget about high (above 80%) "Hit Pourcentage" too! In three complete campaigns I played, the highest I saw was Buns with her SV-98/PSO-3 at ...49%
[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2015 15:12] by Moderator
Current Time: Tue Jan 26 10:33:19 EET 2021
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01886 seconds