Re: Arulco Folding Stock FAQ - Preview for now[message #311643]
||Tue, 30 October 2012 19:23 |
||[size:17pt]Modding the Mod: Arulco Folding Stock[/size]
The "live" INI file is located in Data-AFS, it is highly recommended that this file not be edited directly. Instead copy Ja2_Options.INI from Data-AFS to this mod's Profiles sub-folder: UserProfile_JA2AFS
(Please note that the INI Editor supplied with v1.13 cannot read the file from this location, and editing should be accomplised with a general purpose txt editor such as Notepad++.)
Options that you should not Change
ATTACHMENT_DROP_RATE = 100
Do not change this or default attachments, such as the Folding Stock System item, will not always be dropped when DROP ALL is disabled.
AIMING_BURST_PENALTY = 1
The Burst and Auto penalties have already been increased to balance for Aimed Burst/Auto feature.
Modding the Prime Vendor Sub-mods
- WARNING: At time of release the current XML Editor in the SCI noted above will strip out tags related to: dynamic (flash-)lighting and later features. Additionally it does not support the following features:
- - Class specific gun/item choices directly
- - current usage of <highExplosive> tags in AmmoTypes.XML, workaround also means that new ammotypes cannot be added via the XML Editor
- Please download JMich's current Revision 162 XMLEditor to replace the one in the SCI
- As I did not want to double the size of the v3 patches, you still need to copy the BIGITEMS, INTERFACE, TILESETS folders from Data-Graphics to Data-AFS
- Remember to set in XMLEditorInit.ini, the <Data_Directory> to: Data-AFS
If you are wanting to edit enemy weapon and item choices, you will need to also copy all .XML files from Data-AFS\Vendor\<specific vendor folder>\TableData\Inventory to Data-AFS\TableData\Inventory. Be sure to copy all files back once you have completed editing them.
[size:14pt]Compatibility with Other Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 Mods[/size]
This mod uses the JA2 v1.13 Virtual File System (VFS) implementation quite extensively. Therefore it may be installed alongside other mods using VFS, like AIMNAS, with no interference or interaction with other mods (as long as everything is installed correctly).
Arulco Folding Stock v3.xx, Deidranna Lives!-1.13 v3.xx, Urban Chaos-1.13 v3.xx and later in their respective series all use the same file structure (and files) for in-game item graphics. Each Full distribution of the three mods includes a complete copy of the graphic library needed for standalone operation of the mod. As the intention is to share the graphics files by having combined installs overwrite the common Data-Graphics folder, newer revisions of the mod are backwards compatible, while older versions are not (ie. the older mod will lack graphics added to the newer mod). Please make sure you install the newest of the three related mods last.
[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2015 13:15]