Home » MODDING HQ 1.13 » v1.13 General Development Talk » Release Notes
Re: Release Notes[message #218776]
||Tue, 02 June 2009 17:04 |
||Some time passed since the last SVN Release. So here it is the new version (Build: 2929)
o INFO: Externalized Bobby Rays Shippment Locations and Delivery Methods
o Localiced Versions of Shipping Destinations (Tabledata\Map\XYZ.ShippingDestinations.xml)
Improved Game Setting (Option Screen)
o INFO: Fixes corrupt ja2.set file by using ja2_settings.ini
o Fixed corruption of ja2.set
o ja2.set will no be saved to ja2_settings.ini
o A few more minor game setting fixes and error tracings
Ultra Dynamic Tooltips
o INFO: Get more realistic tooltips debending on the range
o ALLOW_UDT_RANGE, ALLOW_UDT_DETAIL, UDT_MODIFIER (see ja2_options.ini -> [JA2 Tactical Settings])
o INFO: allows the player to stay in real time while unnoticed by the enemy. While observing enemies in real time, the player may enter turn-based at will.
o ALLOW_REAL_TIME_SNEAK, QUIET_REAL_TIME_SNEAK (see ja2_options.ini -> [JA2 Tactical Settings])
o Ctrl + x: While observing enemies in real time, enter turn-based mode. Does not work if no enemies are seen, inactive if RT sneaking is disabled.
o shift + Ctrl + x: Toggle the real-time sneaking mode on/off. Enters turn-based if the player can see an enemy. Toggling it back on in turn-based, while stil unseen by the enemy does NOT revert to real time - turn-based will continue until the player no longer sees any enemies.
Negative APs didn't actually have any effect on the next turn because they were being reset to 0 before they could have any effect
Fix problem with invalid X,Y coordinates
Corrected spelling mistakes in _GermanText.cpp
Glitch with NIV mouse region
NIV fix with displaying town names
Fixed Morale and ice-cream truck
Problems with refreshing fast help text in mapscreen
Change some limits for merc attributes and rain durations.
Enable all terrorists in game, if all terrorists should be available (defined in the ja2_options.ini)
EDIT: Also German and Russian ja2.exe is available.
[Updated on: Tue, 02 June 2009 17:09] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #235589]
||Wed, 21 October 2009 16:30 |
||New EXE Release (Build: 3274)
- Win 98 Bugfix: ja2.ini option to disable UNICODE (VFS_NO_UNICODE)
- When VFS_NO_UNICODE = FALSE, files will be opened with default encoding (instead of UTF8/16) in the source code
- EDB: Rendering of "Hide Muzzle Flash" icon
- Enemies should also drop LBE gear
- Refreshing bug in strategy merc list in resolution 640x480 and 800x600
- Character in running state will loose breath points each turn if no action is performed
- Automatic cancellation of running if the merc is in a running state and was not moved since last turn
- Bobby Ray Tooltips fixes
- Fixed bug, where enemies do not climb on rooftops anymore, when ASTAR is disabled
- Source code is now compiled with vanilla JA2 pathing instead of A*
- Externalized "Bobby Ray tooltips show possible attachments" from HAM 3 (BOBBY_RAY_TOOLTIPS_SHOW_POSSIBLE_ATTACHMENTS)
- New Cover System (by CptMoore) -> Toggle ON/OFF in tactical screen with 'END' key
. There are 8 new ja2_options.ini entries in the "JA2 Tactical Settings" section
o STEALTH_TRAIT_COVER_VALUE, STEALTH_EFFECTIVENESS, TREE_COVER_EFFECTIVENESS, CAMOUFLAGE_EFFECTIVENESS, COVER_DISPLAY_UPDATE_WAIT
o MOVEMENT_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT, STANCE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT, LBE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT
[Updated on: Wed, 21 October 2009 16:33] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #235763]
||Fri, 23 October 2009 12:41 |
||New EXE Release (Build: 3287)
- Updated Cover system (by CptMorre)
o made display cover system performance independant of map size.
* New settings *
o gGameExternalOptions.ubStanceEffectiveness = iniReader.ReadInteger("JA2 Tactical Settings", "STANCE_EFFECTIVENESS", 10, 0, 100);
How much the stance influences the view range reduction. Prone will give you 10% (default) view reduction / cover.
o gGameExternalOptions.ubLBEEffectiveness = iniReader.ReadInteger("JA2 Tactical Settings", "LBE_EFFECTIVENESS", 50, 0, 100);
Dual welding the longest sniper rifles with full attachements, having a third backup sniper rifle, one combat pack and one backpack will give a 50% (default) sight penalty with the default settings.
* Removed settings *
o gGameExternalOptions.fMovementSightAdjustment = iniReader.ReadBoolean("JA2 Tactical Settings", "MOVEMENT_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT", TRUE);
o gGameExternalOptions.fStanceSightAdjustment = iniReader.ReadBoolean("JA2 Tactical Settings", "STANCE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT", TRUE);
o gGameExternalOptions.fLBESightAdjustment = iniReader.ReadBoolean("JA2 Tactical Settings", "LBE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT", TRUE);
Re: Release Notes[message #245759]
||Mon, 01 March 2010 21:10 |
||New EXE Release (Build: 3342)
- Added Big Maps Project support. You will not see any differences until I release the new Big Maps project Map Editor
o This will allow playing really big tactical maps (up to 2000 rows X 2000 cols, instead of "normal" 160 rows X 160 cols)
- Added Multiplayer v1.5
o Most important feature in this version is the synchronization of explosives (grenades, TNT, ...) and fixes some bugs
- Because of the Big Maps Project integration most of the structures have changed and you HAVE TO START A NEW GAME
o If you don't want to use the new EXE, I have renamed the previous release EXE to "ja2_3329.exe" and you can continue playing with your existing savegames.
I have created a new thread in the Bugs-Section. If you encounter any bugs please post them there:
PS: I need some help translating the new HAM 3.6 messages into the different languages.
Mainly I need any kind of translators: German, Polish, Russian, French, Italian.
If you want to help me, just send me a PM.
EDIT: I just uploaded a working CHINESE EXE version:
[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2010 20:24] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #246392]
||Sun, 07 March 2010 20:45 |
||New EXE Release (Build: 3358)
New Map Editor Release (Build: 3358)
Also German and Russian version available.
- Map Editor can now load/save big sector maps.
- Control hardcoded list of unclickable ("bad") sectors via XML file.
o On the strategic map, the player cannot click or highlight specific
sectors (e.g. A4, A5). Introduce a tag in MovementCosts.xml
that flags a sector as "bad". (1)
- Move hardcoded underground sectors initialization to Lua script file. (by Realist)
o Locate "initunderground.lua" at data-xyz\scripts ("xyz" subject to change).
Lua script allows easily adding underground sectors at arbitrary locations and defining enemy garrisons and creature population.
Also enables underground bloodcat population.
- Changed order of properties in GameSettings.cpp
- Sorted Data-1.13\ja2_options.ini
- Translated missing HAM 3.6 German Texts
- In Method CreateDestroyMouseRegionsForFacilityAssignmentMenu()
- HAM 3.6 fixes
- Turns out that the program is saving the number of used Placement Slots to the temp file fine,
but if that number is equal to the limit of how many enemies/civvies are allowed in a sector by the INI settings,
it leads to an assertion error instead when trying to re-load that sector. (by Headrock)
- The DEBUG only setting "fEnableInventoryPoolQ" is now only enabled in a DEBUG version.
In all other builds it is set to FALSE.
Info Map Editor
Q: How can I create Big Maps with the Editor?
A: 1.) Start the new Map Editor.exe file
2.) The Map Editor should load a map automatically
3.) You see now 2 new text boxes (Rows, Cols) in the taskbar
4.) Enter the size of the new map in the Rows text box. It should not be greater than 2000
Cols always have the same size than Rows. That's why you can't enter a number for Cols.
Normal maps have a size of 160 rows X 160 cols
5.) Now click on New map" or load an existing map
6.) The map should have now the new size you entered for Rows
If you loaded a map, the original map is placed in the center of the new big map
7.) Make any changes you like to the map
8.) Save the map. Depending on the mapsize it could take some minutes
9.) The map will be saved in the Profiles folder
Q: How can I easy navigate in the editor in big maps?
A: 1.) Use the arrow keys to scroll. For fast scrolling press SHIFT + Arrow keys.
2.) Press "i" and you get an overview of the map.
Use the Arrow keys to scroll. By pressing also SHIFT you scroll much faster
Q: What is the version 1.12 checkbox?
A: If this checkbox is checked, the map will be saved in version 1.13 (vanilla JA2) format
Q: What limitions for big maps has the current Map Editor?
A: 1.) Radar maps are not created correctly for big maps. Only the upper left corner of the map is shown in the radar map
2.) NPC-Scripts are bound to grid numbers. They are not yet converted to the new grid numbers when altering a normal map
3.) There are a lot of hardcoded grid numbers in the source code, so they only work with normal maps
4.) For now you should only create big maps, that do not have any NPCs on it, that trigger special actions
For outdoor maps or town maps (that do not have any NPCs special actions) big maps work fine
Any bugs/feedback post in the Big Maps project Bugthread:
[Updated on: Sun, 07 March 2010 20:45] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #304364]
||Sat, 05 May 2012 08:29 |
||Since this thread is nice and stickied and has a history of release notes already, I'm going to re-purpose it slightly to announce important SVN version notes, rather than new exe release notes.
Mostly I'm doing this because we have made several changes and bug fixes lately and I wanted to communicate them to everyone, especially those who don't have SVN access.
I probably won't mention bug fixes if an exe containing the bug hasn't been released.
Going back to the beginning of this week:
- Bugfix: Fixed CTD, when trying to show "Adv" or "Gen" Tab on the EDB for non weapon items
- Bugfix: One shot LAWs do not explode on a direct target hit
- Bugfix: Fixed crash when showing attachment slots in EDB (strategy) and left clicking on a attachment slot (for non weapons)
New feature: new drug system (by Flugente)
- added many new drug effects. A drug can now have several effects, these can be set via the -tag in Items.xml.
- Control effect magnitude in Drugs.xml. Added new drugs in Items.xml.
- gave Buns drugs in Kit 5 "Druggist" for demonstration reasons, added drugs to Howard's inventory.
- see also first post in http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=303950#Post303950
-Bugfix: Fixed bug, that items get lost in the sector when switching between tactical sectors
- Bugfix: Now it is not possible anymore, that TANKS loose any stats (wisdom, agility, ...) when hit with an explosive weapon (LAW, ...)
Added Common Attachment Framework
Fixed San Mona mine crash when trying to leave the sector with Kingpin's money in it
Hide asterisk for attachments when hiddenAttachment tag = 1
Inseparable boolean field for items changed to UINT8
0 = removable (as before)
1 = inseparable (as before)
2+ = replaceable = inseparable, but can be replaced by a similar item
Fixed soldier tooltips showing attachments when they shouldn't be
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash when calculating reliability
Made it so default attachments are added to items even if they are not present when the map is created in the map editor
Enabled default attachments to have their own default attachments
Enabled hiding of NAS attachment slots by making their X or Y position >= 300
- Bugfix: The name-tag in Drugs.xml made the drug system not working (by Flugente)
- New drug effect: cyanide damages life as a sideeffect. Currently doesn't kill, but lets you lose consciousness. (by Flugente)
- New Animation: Prone bandaging (by Sandro & PasHancock)
o Also available in a multiplayer game
- New Feature: Possibility to pick up items in crouch position (by Sandro)
o Merc can stay crouched while picking up items and when stealing items from prone(/collapsed) enemy, he must crouch (will do automatically). It really feels much more intuitive.
- Inventory Lag Fix for attachments: Just filter out anything that's not an attachment, thereby skipping over the slow parts (by Madd Mugsy)
Enabled default attachments to be loaded on soldiers' items, even if the attachments are added after placing the soldiers in the map editor
Replaceable (not fully inseparable) attachments are removed when transforming/merging an item if they do not also attach to the result.
- Fixed a bug that caused the PercentCapModifier and the TilesMaxPenalty to get bogus values (by Flugente & cnagorneac )
o This bug was re-added when HAM5 was integrated ...
o see here: http://www.bears-pit.com/board/ubbthreads.php/topics/304750.html#Post304750
Lots of translation and language specific changes
- Bugfix: Game was not initializing "TableData\Map\*.SectorNames.xml" when playing in foreign (not English) language
Fix - after merging or transforming an item, any attachments on the base item which themselves had default inseparable attachments, would see those attachments lost upon the result of the merge/transformation.
Fix: Global attachment removal (ctrl+shift+f in tactical, or the button in sector inventory) was separating attachments with their own inseparable attachments
New Misc filter buttons for Bobby Rays, by attachmentClass:
(attachment tag must also be 1)
BR_MISC_FILTER_OPTICS (AC_SCOPE | AC_SIGHT)
BR_MISC_FILTER_SIDE_BOTTOM (AC_LASER | AC_FOREGRIP | AC_BIPOD)
BR_MISC_FILTER_MUZZLE (AC_SUPPRESSOR | AC_EXTENDER)
BR_MISC_FILTER_INTERNAL (AC_MAGWELL | AC_INTERNAL | AC_EXTERNAL)
BR_MISC_FILTER_OTHER_ATTACHMENTS for all other attachment classes
BR_MISC_FILTER_NO_ATTACHMENTS for the original button; it no longer displays any attachments
- New Feature: Now it is possible to compile a JA2 1.13 Demo executable with the actual 1.13 source code (by Jazz)
o This JA2 demo executable is as close as possible to the original JA2 demo, but with the 1.13 features!
--> No laptop, disabled strategy actions, auto merc hired, only P1 maps, ...
o To build the 1.13 executable, just enable the "JA113DEMO" define in builddefines.h
o The 1.13 demo executable will read from ja2_Demo.ini instead of ja2.ini
o You also need the "Data-JA2Demo" folder from the official 1.13 SVN GameDir: https://ja2svn.dyndns.org/source/ja2_v1.13_data/GameDir
o Once you start the game with the demo executable, you will notice the "START DEMO" instead of "START NEW GAME" in the main menu
o Multiplayer is disabled in the demo executable
- There is another new define called "JA113NODEMO" (by Jazz)
o See builddefines.h
o If this define is enabled, a special version of 1.13 is build
-> Disable all meanwhiles, emails, blocked quest with queen, alien queen
- Small fixes and tweaks (by Sandro)
o Minor feature added: Shift+RMB click on a gun with ammo inside, will now unload its magazine and place it on your cursor (if not holding anything already). You don't have to go to the weapon description box to unload it.
o Added Throwing trait support for NCTH (was left out before) and added a minor tweak to STOMP+NCTH compatibility.
o Fixed a bug in NCTH when aiming levels of very fast-to-aim guns could be lowered below zero during calculation, which resulted in suddenly giving the gun 8 aim levels making it extremely slow to aim instead. This occurs when you use a pistol with reflex sights with a Gunslinger merc. In the "AllowedAimingLevelsNCTH" the value "aimLevels" was defined as UINT8, so when it goes below 0, it becomes 255 and is then capped at 8. Changed it to signed.
- IIS fix (by Sandro)
o Interrupts on hearing now occur only in meaningful situations - either when enemy attacks us or comes very close to us.
o Added some other IIS tweaks and fixes (first of all the top status bar should now work properly).
- Fixed double entry (uiIndex = 1524 "Tripwire") in all *.Items.xml files
- New Feature: Block iron sights (by Flugente)
o if a gun/attachment has the boolean tag in Items.xml, a gun's iron sights wont be selectable while selecting scope modes.
o if using dual weapons, only iron sights can be used
o new attachmentclass: AC_IRONSIGHT (4194304) for attachable iron sights (display on gun is different from reflex sights, no other differences... yet)
1. Bugfix: Scope modes could cause crashes if the soldier's bScopeMode was no longer valid in the ObjList object. This happened mostly due to scopes being attached to other scopes. Now checks that the list item is not null, and defaults to iron sights if need be.
2. ReInitMergedItem now returns a list of attachments that were unable to be reattached or dropped onto the ground (ie: non-default inseparable ones). These were previously just being tossed into oblivion.
3. Item transformations now try to attach any inseparable attachments that couldn't be attached to the first result to the other results.
4. Item merges will now try to attach any attachments on the second item in the merge to the first result. This was already happening for the first item in the merge.
New in-game option: Quiet Training -- when on, mercs will not say quotes while training
[Updated on: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:20] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #305150]
||Thu, 24 May 2012 21:22 |
1. Bugfix - one more pSoldier->bScopeMode != NULL check added
2. Bugfix - removing attachments which created new slots and had attachments in those slots which were also able to go into existing slots in the base item was resulting in duplication of the base attachment and loss of the attached attachment.
1. Bugfix - ammo crates will no longer create boxes instead of mags
2. Bugfix - ammo boxes of 100 rounds will now correctly generate C-Mags
3. Bugfix - reduced NAS looping while highlighting items in map screen
Feature change - Bobby Ray Selection on New Game screen split into two items: Quality and Quantity. Selectors allow for full 1-10 range of quality (coolness) / quantity multipliers, instead of just 1,2,4,10.
Some minor features added:
1. Ja2Options.ini option to override chance of items appearing in maps (MAP_ITEM_CHANCE_OVERRIDE). Useful for debugging maps. Not including this one in the ini file for everyone to mess with though. Value range = 0-100%, where 0 (default) = use map settings.
2. AttachmentComboMerges is underused, so it's been extended to use up to 20 attachments to make it more useful. Build your own guns, anyone?
3. New merge types: Easy Explosive (existing one renamed to Hard), Easy Mechanical, Hard Mechanical.
[Updated on: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:13] by Moderator
Re: Release Notes[message #305375]
||Wed, 30 May 2012 12:25 |
- Bugfix: drugs that alter stats do not behave correctly with doctoring. Temporarily commented them out till a solution has been found. (by Flugente)
Bugfix - BR setting text in start up screen not showing up when compiled in VS2005
- Updated JA/DG Merc MOD
o Moved Spooky from AIMBIOS.EDT (Pos: 63) to MERCBIOS.EDT (Pos: 18)
- Removed the unused WF mercs bio entries from "Data\BinaryData\AIMBIOS.EDT" file
- New feature: zombies can now spawn from corpses, if you specify that option in the preferences screen (by Flugente)
o if set to off, no zombies will spawn. This can also be changed in mid-game
o for more information on how this works and how to set it up, see http://www.bears-pit.com/board/ubbthreads.php/topics/295746/Zombies_WH40K_and_more.html#Post295746
o with the tag , you can now poison guns or ammo. This is the percentage of damage dealt that will be poisonous (see zombie thread for an explanation)
o The zombie option can only be enabled in a single player game
o AI fix: to prevent the endless clock problem, the AI now ends the turn if the same actor calls the decision routine over 100 times in a single turn.
- New drug: antidote cures poisoning (by Flugente)
WARNING! This will break savegame compatibility.
- Added new Drug (antidote) entry (index = 1539) to *.Items.xml
1. PItems are now variable, from 3-20 and can be set in JA2Options.ini via NUM_P_ITEMS
2. USE_XML_TILESETS moved from JA2.ini to JA2Options.ini
3. New Feature - Ctrl+Click on an item with an item in hand to auto-attach/merge them. Attach works with stacks. Merge only works on single items, for now at least.
4. New Feature - To accompany Quiet Training, there are now Quiet Repairing and Quiet Doctoring options.
5. Bugfix - inseparable attachments of attachments were getting lost again when using ctrl+f/the map screen button to remove attachments
6. Bugfix - INT8 overflow error causing vehicle repair to actually lower its status
7. GasMask tag in items.xml can now be applied to helmets as well as face items.
8. Bugfix - AI code was referencing hard coded GASMASK item number instead of looking for the tag
9. Bugfix - "break;" was removed in Explosion Control.cpp, thereby causing mustard gas to deal out fire damage. (Not sure if this was deliberate? But the new implementation differs from the JA2 standard, so it should be added to JA2Options.ini at least)
Re: Release Notes[message #305682]
||Thu, 07 June 2012 02:57 |
1. Feature - Spooky creature music now plays when zombies are present
2. Bugfix - CheckForFullStruct in Soldier Control.cpp was referencing NUMBEROFTILES instead of new global variable
Bugfix: P_Items were only allowed up to 10 in the ini file - now corrected to 20.
Zombie Update (by Flugente)
- new variables for additional strength, dexterity, agility, wisdom and experience level due to drugs, traits etc.
- new flagmask for soldiers (so no new variables have to be added in the future)
- fix: stat-altering drugs work again and can now have a higher magnitude
- drug-altered stats now show up purple
- fix: option screen help texts were missing
WARING! This will break savegame compatibility
New Feature: Bombs can now be armed from the inventory. This requires an attached detonator or remote detonator. (by Flugente)
- they can then be thrown, dropped or whatever else you can think of.
- to arm/disarm a bomb, enter the Enhanced description box and click on the item's picture.
- timed bombs will blow up once the time is up, wether they are in the sector or in your inventory. Remote bombs can be also detonated in your inventory.
- see this thread for more info: http://www.bears-pit.com/board/ubbthreads.php/topics/305534.html#Post305534
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that could cause sector items to be identified as bombs altough they weren't (by Flugente)
New Feature: Traps made out of guns and a piece of tripwire (by Flugente)
- guns can now be attached to tripwire and then be used as tripwire-activatd traps
o Attach any firearm (any gun, no RPGs, Mortars or GLs) to a piece of tripwire. You will need the newest xmls for that.
o You can plant the tripwire as you usually do.
o Once activated, the gun that is attached to the wire will fire once. It will fire in the direction that you planted the bomb, just like claymore mines do (the direction that the merc planting the wire was looking).
o The bullet fired has the range and damage it would have if fired from the gun.
o The gun correctly heats, jams, degrades and whatever else guns do when fired. If the gun is jammed, not pumped (pumpguns) or does not have ammo, it will not fire.
o After firing, the gun lies on the floor, just where the trp was planted.
o This can be applied to any tripwire. You can ave multiple of these traps. Just put them into your normal trap setup however you like.
o At the moment, only single shots are possible, even for guns that do not have a single shot mode (MG3 etc.)
o Although I did not experience any problems with attachments, it might be a good idea to take any attachments off a gun if you attach it to tripwire.
o When the gun is attached, it is possible to attach gun attachments (lasers, scopes etc.) to the explosive. Do not attach any attachments to the explosive. They will be lost if the wire is activated.
o see: http://www.bears-pit.com/board/ubbthreads.php/topics/305634.html#Post305634
-> To support this feature, some (already existing) xml-tags have been added to the weapons in Data-1.13\TableData\Items.xml (, , , )
Guns attaching to tripwire feature has been moved from an xml-enabled feature to a hardcoded feature. This is because there are so many guns in the game (esp. in various mods) that the required xml changes are huge. Not to mention things like this -- http://i50.tinypic.com/zjxoat.jpg ATTACHING_DETONATOR skill check is used and the usual gun attachment sound is played instead of the detonator beep.
Additionally, this resolves the issue with being able to attach lasers, etc to tripwire. Instead, guns retain their attachments, as would be expected.
Transformations on attached guns have also been disabled.
Current Time: Sun May 20 17:00:16 EEST 2018
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01913 seconds