Home » MODDING HQ 1.13 » v1.13 General Development Talk » Feedback you should care about (Something 99 out of 100 users won't bother to inform you about)
Feedback you should care about[message #358772] Sat, 11 January 2020 19:17 Go to previous message
miracle.flame
Messages:3
Registered:January 2020
I've registered just to leave this feedback.

Just to clear things out I am somewhat tech savvy person with decades of experience with applying game mods or modifying game mods to subjective taste. This applies to games ranging from 1997 till today. The various modding communities and their forums can be rated on some scale of accessibility and user-friendliness while yours can be easily rated as one of the worst out there. These boards remind me of 1999 when modding was something underground and it was absolutely normal to require and expect from newcomers to invest hours in research consisting of reading half the threads (80% obsolete and outdated junk) of the whole forum before getting grasp of what are all these obscure thread titles all about.

Just to let you know it is 2020 now and the standard nowadays (which is around for quite a few years though) even for games as old as System Shock 2 (check their boards to see how it is done properly) around modding communities is to make the boards as clear and accessible for newcomers as possible. The standard can be called "How to get the core mod with core features up and running in 10 minutes without using search feature once!" "PS: Thank you for being yet another of thousands of satisfied visitors 10% of which instead of giving up like the rest 90% did not bother to spam our boards with questions on how to make the friggin' game run in non-640x480 non-flickering non-stretched absolutely normal for 2020 standards and enjoyable stable state."

Yeah, just the sheer state of these boards made me give up in frustration (feel the level of frustration in this post?) after considerable amount of invested time searching and reading and trying to grasp the whole concept while aiming for trivial goal. I believe vast majority of interested visitors gave up way earlier while not even thinking about saying hi, this here sucks a lot, I don't have time for this, I came here to play JA2 for the very first time with some decent output for the start and we'll see then, not to stumble upon hours of study of shattered archeology of JA development.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ja2 v1.13 build 8717 reinforsment is too much
Next Topic: Update via SVN the german dir
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 09 11:34:20 EEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00694 seconds